About Us
Trusted Vendors
Governing Documents
Board Members & Meeting Minutes
Helpful Links
Aberdeen Aberdeen

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Aberdeen

All residents who purchase or rent a home in Aberdeen are required to abide by the deed restrictions
established by our Governing Documents (found under the tab on the left side of the page).  You can also click to read a short document, "Are you ready to live in an HOA?"  
What do I need to do if I want to make changes to the exterior of my home or property? 
All homeowners must submit an Alteration Application at least 30 days prior to making any change to the exterior of their home or property. Alteration Applications can be submitted electronically by registering or logging in to your Homeowner Portal account at https://mcneilmsi.com/. The completed form must be submitted with all necessary items (i.e. survey, contractor sheets, photos, etc.) via upload with the online form to McNeil Management.  Your request will be reviewed by the Architectural Committee for compliance with our governing documents and you will be notified by mail if your request is approved or denied.  Do not begin any projects prior to approval.  
Why did I receive a "violation notice" in the mail? 
McNeil Management regularly inspects our community for violations of our community's governing documents. Such violations cover everything from small items like a dirty mailbox, trash cans left in view, weeds in plants beds, and lawns in need of mowing, to larger items like trees in need of pruning, homes in need of repainting, and fences in need of repair.  If you receive a violation notice in the mail you are required to correct the specific violation in a timely manner and to maintain your property for continuous compliance.  These rules are intended to maintain the property value of your home and your neighbors' homes.  
What can I do if I see a violation or problem in the community?
If you see an issue you think is a violation on a property or common area, you can check our governing documents online first to confirm it.  Such issues can be reported to McNeil Management at (813) 571-7100 or by email at management@mcneilmsi.com.  You may also submit an Enforcement Request Form online to McNeil Management through the Homeowner Portal.  Some issues may not be actionable items by the HOA and should be directed to the appropriate agency (i.e. Sheriff's office, county office, etc.).
While the board tries to do as much as possible, we cannot possibly do it all.  The community belongs to all of our homeowners.  It takes all our homeowners to be the eyes and ears for the community.  Please do not be afraid to make that call.
What do my HOA assessments pay for and do I have to pay them?
HOA assessments are required by every property to pay for the management and upkeep of the community.  As a homeowner you must pay the quarterly assessment amount set by the board of directors as described in the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (see "Governing Documents" tab).  An assessment notice is mailed to each owner of record prior to the due date.  Late payments and non-payments are subject to late fees and legal action.  If you are unable to make a timely payment, you must contact McNeil Management prior to the due date at (813) 571-7100. Payments can be made electronically by registering an account at https://mcneilmsi.com/
Can homeowners attend HOA board meetings?
Yes, homeowners are welcome to attend all HOA board meetings.  Signs are posted in the community to announce each upcoming meeting date, time, and location.  The board will cover agenda items first and time permitting, homeowners will have an opportunity to ask questions or make comments at the end of each meeting.
I have questions about the ponds in our community...
Click here to read important facts regarding the stormwater retention ponds throughout our community.  These ponds serve a valuable purpose and the maintenance of these ponds is vital to preventing flooding in Aberdeen. 
What about security cameras and gates for Aberdeen?
These two questions come up occasionally in our community.  The design of our entrance presents specific issues which makes these requests challenging to implement.  For instance, security cameras require an air-conditioned, secure area (like a guard house) to house the recording equipment.  Gates require a specific distance for cars to pull in, wait for gates to open, and a turn-around area for those who cannot enter the community.  Gates also mean that our public roads become private and all homeowners must pay for the repaving of our streets.